INFORMATION 2021 MASTERS
The selection process is open from 24 January, 2020, to 30 November, 2020 for the Masters in Fashion Direction and Lifestyle Management. After receiving this Application Form, Milano Fashion Institute carries out a pre-selection according to the sent documents. Subsequently, the Academic Committee will inform you if the Application is suitable / or not. If eligible, Applicants must attend an oral interview with the Academic Committee, after which the final result (admission or non admission) will be communicated.
Distance interviews are accepted for international students.
The process usually requires a period of 3 to 6 weeks. We therefore invite the candidates to submit their applications as soon as possible.
The selection process takes place throughout the opening period of the inscriptions, in separate sessions of selection. For this reason, candidates may submit the Application Form, for the Masters in Fashion Direction and Lifestyle Management, either by: 28 February, 27 March, 10 April, 8 May, 5 June, 3 July, 31 July, 31 August, 30 September.
The deadline for sending the application for the Masters in Fashion Direction and Lifestyle Management is 30 November, 2020.
Starting date of lectures Masters in Fashion Direction and Lifestyle Management: 25 January 2021.
In order to apply for the admission to the Milano Fashion Institute Master Programs, the candidate must have:
1. Degree equal to or higher then a Bachelor of Art, Master of Art or Master of Science. It is not necessary to have previously attended a Fashion related course.
2. Intermediate level of English knowledge. Certifications are not required. The knowledge of the language will be tested during the interview with the Academic Committee
The selection is based on the evaluation of several factors, including the skills, knowledge, competences and pre-requisites of the applicant. Motivation that led the candidate to apply will be also considered, together with his/her level of involvement in the training project and future career aspirations.
Selection documents to be sent
1 Application Form. The form is available online at: www.milanofashioninstitute.it. It must be completed accurately (in English or in Italian) in all its parts.
2. Copy of Degree certificate. The Master is aimed at both BA and MSc/equivalent graduates. The documentation must clearly include the University attended. If the degree was obtained between the date of conclusion of the selection process and the beginning of the Master, self-certification is required with a commitment to send the degree certificate by the starting date of the course.
3. Copy of your Passport or your ID card
4. CV in European format.
5. Motivation letter. The letter must include the reasons that led the candidate to apply in the Master and the interest in the industry.
6. Photo (passport type)
7. Copy of the Official Transcript (official certificate issued by the University) of the exams in original language.
The interview is conducted by the Academic Committee and allows the candidate to express his/her motivation, competences, knowledge, skills and attitudes.
Distance interviews are available for international students.
Knowledge of English language
An intermediate level of English language proficiency is considered an important element in the assessment of the candidate. The Master courses are entirely taught in English.
At the end of the selection process, a written statement will be sent to applicants with reference to the results of their Admission request. The outcome will be alternatively admission or non-admission of the application. The selection will take into account not only the profile of the candidate but also the composition of the class, in order to reflect the diversity of educational backgrounds needed in the Master. If the candidate is eligible for admission, but places available are already fully confirmed, the Milano Fashion Institute reserves the right to place such candidates on the waiting list for the next edition.
The results of the selection interviews are normally communicated within 10 working days from the date of the interview with the Academic Committee.
Sending your Application Form
For the Masters in Fashion Direction and Lifestyle Management the Application Form (with all the documents attached) must be submitted no later than November 30, 2020, alternately as follows:
1 / by the online form, available here (recommended method)
2 / by e-mail to: email@example.com (maximum size allowed: 6MB)
If the candidate does not receive any response within 4 weeks after sending the Form, please contact the following numbers: 0039.02.3031.6640 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The participants are required to have a significant commitment both personally and financially.
The total value of the Master is € 15,900 to be paid through 4 installments throughout the year as follows:
1st installment> € 3,975 upon acceptance of the admission;
2nd installment> € 3,975 by 8 January 2021;
3rd installment> € 3,975 by 12 March 2021;
4th installment> € 3,975 by 7 May 2021.
Masters are V.A.T. exempt, by art.10 dpr 633/72
Costs include a part of the study material and the use of facilities of the Institute. Each student will be given iPad inclusive of study material in digital format, as a complementary dotation necessary for the didactical activity, at no additional cost. At the end of the Master, iPad will become property of the student.
All the Milano Fashion Institute's Masters are first level University Masters, accredited by the Polytechnic of Milan, School of Design. All the Masters will release 60 university credits (CFU, i.e. "crediti formativi universitari"). Polytechnic of Milan is available for a pre-evaluation of the Bachelor Degree and of the suitability of the student according to the Italian law.
1. The first installment is non-refundable. The participant is allowed to withdraw or to ask eventual change of the program, up to the eighth calendar day preceding the starting date of the course, by submitting a letter (priority mail service) to the registered address of the Milano Fashion Institute, anticipated in any case, by fax and / or e-mail; if so, the participant may request the return of fees paid, except for the first installment.
2. If the member, with methods described in the previous article, demonstrated an intention not to participate at a later date, that does not give notice and is not present in class, he/she will not be entitled to any refund and must pay the full fee bearing in mind that he/she could within a (calendar) year from the starting date of the Course, attend the next edition of the Course (if applicable) or another MFI Master Program, upon payment of price adjustment.
The cost of living in Milan is similar to that of the main European cities. Candidates must consider an average figure of € 800 - 1,000 for personal expenses, divided as follows: € 400-500 for accommodation; € 200 - 300 for meals; € 50 for local transportation; € 150 for miscellaneous costs.
The Milano Fashion Institute is actively involved in seeking scholarships for their students. These scholarships usually cover half of the total cost of registration and will be awarded on the basis of particular requirements of excellence of the candidates and evaluating their economic condition too.
Download and fill the application form available below, or use the on-line form available here.
.* The recognition of the 60 C.F.U. by Milan Polytechnic is subordinated to the registration procedure by the Milan Polytechnic. The acceptance of the application is subject to verification by the Milan Polytechnic of the requirements according to the law, in agreement with the Ministry of Education, University and Research. In the case that the student already admitted to Milano Fashion Institute is not suitable for the enrollment at Polytechnic of Milan, the participation to the Master of Milano Fashion Institute is confirmed without additional costs.